Table of Contents
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are buttery, zesty, and will WOW at your next family get-together! They are super easy to make and pack delicious flavor in every juicy bite!
These wings work great as both an appetizer and a meal. Serve them up with my insanely delicious Air Fryer, Buffalo, and Chili Lime for a summer barbecue that will be one to remember!
Easy Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Now that summer is here and family gatherings are starting to happen again, it is time to impress your guests with these DELICIOUS Lemon Pepper Wings that rival anything you can get from a restaurant! You won’t want to order takeout again! These wings have the most amazing tangy, buttery glaze and crispy skin that my family can’t get enough of. You only need a few simple ingredients, and they are super easy to make. Whether it is for game day, a cookout, or just an easy dinner, these wings are sure to be a winner!
Cooking these Lemon Pepper Wings in the oven creates the most perfect golden brown, tender wings. Plus, you use half the oil that you would cooking them in a fryer! Not to mention avoid the mess and hassle that comes with cooking wings in oil. While they are in the oven, you can whip up some of my Homemade Ranch for a perfectly tangy match made in heaven!
Lemon Pepper Wings Ingredients
All you need are a few fresh, delicious ingredients to make your Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
- Chicken Wings: It is easiest to buy wings that are already separated into flats and drumettes. Be sure to pat your chicken completely dry with a paper towel before cooking or else they will be soggy instead of crispy!
- Baking Powder: This is the secret ingredient for obtaining that perfect crispy skin when baking wings instead of frying. Be sure to thoroughly coat each piece in powder. Also, make sure you are using baking powder and not baking soda or it will ruin your batch.
- Lemon Pepper Sauce: Making fresh lemon pepper sauce is the key to perfect, zesty wings. You can find what you will need to put the sauce together below.
- Butter: Adding butter to your sauce makes your wings rich and tasty.
What You’ll Need for Your Sauce
Making your Lemon Pepper Sauce is super easy but will taste like you got it from a restaurant!
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: Making homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning adds a delicious touch to your wings. Plus, you can customize your own blend to taste!
- Lemon juice: You can use either fresh squeezed or bottled lemon juice.
- Honey: This gives the wings just the right amount of sweetness and perfect texture.
Making Your Wings
While these do have a longer baking time, they are hands-off once in the oven and all you have to do is turn them at the halfway mark. You could even use that time to whip up some of my Amazing Air Fryer French Fries as a quick and delicious side!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add the wings to a medium-sized bowl or ziplock bag and toss with the baking powder.
- Bake: Place the wings on an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes turning once until crispy.
- To Make The Lemon Pepper Sauce: In a small bowl mix the butter, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice and honey. Pour on top of the cooked wings and toss to coat.
Tips to Perfect Your Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Following these simple tips will help you make the most amazing wings at home!
- Baking Rack: Use a baking rack when cooking to ensure that the heat will circulate properly and crisp your wings all the way around.
- Frozen Wings: Never use frozen chicken wings- you’ll end up with a burnt outer layer and undercooked inside. Always thaw wings before cooking.
- Space Wings Out: When placing wings on your baking sheet, make sure they are not too close together or else you won’t have proper air flow to cook them thoroughly.
My personal favorite to complete the meal is to serve wings with fresh air fryer fries or potato wedges! You can also serve your wings up with veggies like carrots or celery. This is a great contrast to the zesty flavor of the wings. You could also just keep it simple and have some homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing ready for dipping!
Storing and Reheating Your Lemon Pepper Wings
Your wings will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. To keep them crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, I recommend reheating your wings in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. If you think your wings may be getting dry, you can spritz them with water before cooking. You can also reheat your wings in a frying pan or in the microwave or air fryer for a quick snack for the kids!