Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus is the easiest 30 minute meal that is bursting with amazing flavor. Cooked in a buttery lemon garlic herb blend to tender juicy perfection with asparagus!
One pan meals are simple and quick on a busy weeknight. If you love one pan meals try this Roasted Honey Garlic Butter Chicken, Skillet Honey Lime Chicken or Skillet Honey Lime Chicken.
Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus
Lemon? Asparagus? If I cook with foods that remind me of spring does that mean that it will come sooner? Gah!
I am so ready for the snow to melt and warmer days to come. We are starting to reach the stir crazy stage in the house.
I can’t wait for the day we can go outside and take walks and go to the park again!
Even though lemon and asparagus tend to get categorized with spring, they are perfect eating all year long too.
It is amazing how simple this meal is, but give it some delicious herbs and cook it in some garlic and butter and you have an amazing meal that is jam-packed with flavor.
What you need to make herb chicken
Simple ingredients for a flavorful delicious dish!
You can’t go wrong with this one-pan meal!
Everything is so simplistic and easy to make.
All the flavors blend so well together leaving a sweet, savory and filling meal!
- Butter- start by melting the butter for a rich flavor around your chicken.
- Juice of one lemon- has a sour and sweet taste over the seasonings.
- Garlic cloves- a very strong pungent and heated taste comes from cloves.
- Oregano- freshly chopped for added seasoning.
- Rosemary- brings a minty flavor in the seasonings.
- Thyme- very powerful but creates a blend of flavors mixed with the other herbs.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs- dark meat that is rich in flavor.
- Salt and pepper- for added seasoning.
- Asparagus bunch- bright and colorful to add to your plate making this a complete meal.
How do you make herb chicken?
Only one pan! 30 minutes! It is that simple!
A tried and true recipe that is loved by all.
You can’t go wrong with this easy-to-make dish that will impress everyone at the dinner table!
Take your dinner to the next level with this savory dish.
- One pan meal: In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the butter until melted. Add the lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and 165 degrees. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add a vegetable: Add the asparagus to the pan and salt and pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add chicken back to the pan for a minute or so and serve.
Can you make this with chicken breast?
Yes, this will be a great one pan meal with chicken breast. Cook it the same as the chicken thigh. Once the inside temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit remove your chicken from the pan.
How do you cook skillet chicken?
Cooking chicken in the skillet is one of my favorite ways.
You add the butter to your pan and add the garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and 165 degrees.
How do I cook asparagus?
You can cook asparagus in the oven or even grill it. But I love sauteing asparagus in the pan. They remain crisp but tender and are perfect!
Do I have to blanch the asparagus before cooking?
Nope! Just put the asparagus in the pan and saute in the butter and herbs until tender about 5-6 minutes.
You are going to love how this dish comes out. So easy, healthy and the perfect weeknight meal that is full of lemon garlic buttery herb goodness!
More skillet chicken recipes that you will love: