Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups are made with the most amazing homemade Alfredo sauce and rolled up with chicken, sauce, and cheese. These are one of the best meals you will ever make!
For even more amazing recipes using my Homemade Alfredo Sauce, be sure to make: Chicken Broccoli Garlic Alfredo Shells, Three Cheese Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, or Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole.
Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
This was one of the first and best recipes to make it on the good ole’ blog. I decided to give it a picture update because the first picture just wasn’t doing it justice of how amazing this recipe truly is! Since perfecting my Homemade Alfredo recipe, I have updated this recipe too, and I can say with certainty that this is a meal that your family will go crazy for! The texture is just right with the soft pasta, the flavorful alfredo sauce and the moist, tender chicken. What’s not to love??
The thing that I love about making this meal is that it is even picky eater approved! All of my kids will eat this meal. Lets just take a minute to appreciate that. Its a small miracle at my house to make something we can all agree on! The creamy Alfredo plus the chicken and cheese makes this recipe a simple and easy one to make but also incredible to eat! I promise you that this is one of the best meals you will ever make!!
Roll Ups Ingredients:
- Lasagna noodles: These make the perfect platform to put chicken and make a roll up!
- Chicken: Cooked and shredded, I used rotisserie
Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- Butter: Either unsalted or salted work for this alfredo sauce recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream: Adds rich and creamy flavor!
- Cream cheese: Adds a nice thickness to the consistency of the sauce.
- Minced garlic: Fresh garlic gives the best flavor!
- Garlic powder: Adds more rich garlic flavor.
- Italian seasoning: Blends all the seasonings together!
- Salt and pepper: To taste!
- Grated Parmesan cheese: Real parmesan cheese is best. A powdered cheese will create a grainy texture and does not melt through when heated.
How do you make Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups?
- To start: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. I switch between a 9×9 inch pan depending on if I want the roll ups to be closer together.
- Cook the lasagna noodles: Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Make the Homemade Alfredo Sauce: In a medium saucepan, add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Make roll-ups: Line the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan with 1 cup of the alfredo sauce. Then, make rolls by spreading 2 Tbs of the alfredo sauce over each noodle. Take ⅛ of the shredded chicken and spread evenly over each noodle and top with about 3 Tbs shredded cheese. Carefully roll up each lasagna noodle and place seam side down in your 9×13 prepared pan. Repeat.
- Top with more Sauce: Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake: Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
How do you make Homemade Alfredo Sauce?
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
What are the Best Side Dishes to Serve With This Meal?